History of SCAP-Balochistan
Society for Community Action Process (SCAP – Balochistan) is a non-profit, non- governmental and non-political organization emerged with an idea of community ownership and development. Its formation was the result of UNICEF Balochistan initiated project (Child Survival & Development through Community Action Process CSD/CAP, 2004-2010) in Kalat District. The CSD/CAP started by involving numerous NGOs and CBOs. The idea of CAP was based on a participatory approach and aimed at community participation, empowerment and development for the sake of children. As a result, some 400 groups (Male/Female and Children) were formed to build the capacity of people and improve knowledge, attitudes and practices at community and household level.
- Community Development and Empowerment
- Child Survival & Development ( Child & Mother care, reproductive health)
- Child protection and education
- Water , Sanitation and Hygiene Education
- Sustainable Livelihood and NRM
- Humanitarian Assistance during disasters/displacement
- Technical Vocational Center for the development of women
Society for Community Action Process (SCAP – Balochistan) is a non-profit, non-political and non-governmental development organization committed to contribute in lasting development for deprived and marginalized communities of Balochistan. SCAP was established as an independent NGO in November 2010 and is registered with the Government of Balochistan Social Welfare Department Registration Act-1961-XLVI.
Success Story of Noor Muhammad
- Name of Child: Noor Mohammed
- Father's Name: Allah Dad Khan
- OTP: OTP / BHU –Mengal Abad
- District: Nushki
Noor Mohammed son of Mr. Allah Dad Khan was found suffering from severe malnourishment with MUAC – 8.1 and + odema throughout screening at Mengal-abad area of District Nushki.