alone we can do so little; togather we can do so much!!.
National Nutrition Survey (NNS) 2011
In 12 Districts of Balochistan
Duration of the Project (months):
Total Number of Staff-months of the Assignment:
SCAP HEAD OFFICE QUETTA
Narrative Description of the Project:
SCAP – Balochistan participated in conduction of National Nutrition Survey ( NNS-2011) with the technical support of Nutrition cell Quetta Balochistan Health Directorate & Aga Khan University at 12- Districts of Balochistan , the main objects /purpose of the survey was :-
- To assess the population Nutrition status especially of women & children.
- To collect data on height, weight & age of children, 6- 59 months.
- To collect blood samples for the assessment of micronutrients status of children mainly Iron Vitamin A, zinc , Vitamin D, calcium & Iron status of mothers.
- To collect urine samples for the assessment of Iodine status of women of reproductive ages & children.
- To assess infant & young child feeding & care practices, including exclusive breastfeeding & complementary feeding rate.
- To collect data on food intake & food security.
- To collect data on demographic, socio economic & culture variables (income, education, etc).
During the NNS-2011 SCAP – Balochistan team showed a qualitative results against the proposed data sampling at their respective demarcated / Enumerated areas of 12- Districts of Balochistan with the time to time qualitative support of Nutrition Cell Quetta.